Our summer calendar is always full to the brim, and that’s just the way we like it. Hurrying from one sunny afternoon to the next, you have to be prepared for everything. Since you never know what speed you might find yourself at or how long the transit time is, we have a few travel must-haves to get you through every adventure short or long.
- Stasher Snack Bags are equally kind to the planet and aesthetically pleasing. These new and improved silicone sandwich bags have an airtight pinch lock, come in an array of pretty colors and shapes and, best of all, they are dishwasher safe. In fact, you can even use these to sous vide or cook something in the oven. To make the deal even sweeter, stasher donates 1% of sales to non-profits that protect our oceans. Great for on-the-go snacking, Stasher bags are lightweight, easy to store and spill-proof.
- Coola Organic Suncare Travel Set uses natural and organic ingredients to protect your beautiful outer layer. Coola uses plant-based ingredients like Algae and Red Raspberry Seed Oil to naturally boost their formula’s effectiveness. This allows them to use fewer traditional—and potentially irritating—sunscreen actives. You also won’t find any of the super harmful ingredients that we avoid putting on our skin and are working to keep out of our environment like parabens and oxybenzone. This travel set won’t get you stopped at security but packs a punch against harmful rays.
- Girlfriend Collective activewear is made from recycled plastic bottles but fits like a dream. High-waisted shorts and leggings complement simple yet striking crops. A mix of neutrals and jewel tones make it hard to choose which set we like best. Most importantly, they wash well and can take you from the plane to the top of a mountain all in the same day.
- Guppyfriend Washing Bag is something we didn’t realize we needed until recently. Washing synthetic materials releases microplastics that are too small to be removed from our ecosystem. The Guppyfriend Washing Bag catches these microplastics so we can keep them out of our waterways where they are causing some major damage. This is especially important for summer swimwear and activewear which is often made of high-performance (but unfortunately synthetic) material. Take this easy to pack bag on your next vacation and make it do double duty as a post-swim or post-workout laundry bag that you can easily toss in the wash.
- Strava & Alomoves will keep you active no matter where you are in the world and they won’t take up any room in your suitcase. Strava tracks running or cycling activities and has a social feature that allows you to challenge your friends. There’s no better way to stay fit during a hectic summer travel schedule than a little family competition. Alomoves will help you unwind after a long flight or stint in the car with entry level stretching through advanced yoga classes. Take your yoga class anywhere including any coveted wifi-free zone with the ability to download classes for extra remote trips.
- Que Bottle looks small at first glance but the smart design expands from 12oz to 20oz with a quick twist. The silicone cylinder is durable yet soft and will weather the most rugged quests. Dishwasher safe and available in all the best colors.
- Urban Market Bags have got you covered on every adventure and summer soiree with easy-to-store, reusable bags that fold perfectly into their drawstring pouch. Urban Market Bags are the most compact multi-bag solution around, and are small enough to fit in the cupholder of your car so you won’t forget them every time you leave the house. More importantly, when it comes to travel, they are also machine washable so you can feel good about trekking to the beach or camping near the river. Great for carrying clean clothes in, and dirty clothes home, toss them in the wash as well and everything will come out looking brand new.
- Trtle Travel Pillow is a sleek fleece wrap for your neck with the arched support your head needs to take a quick nap on the plane. More compact than a standard neck pillow, Trtle is easily tucked away in your bag and the fleece wrap is machine washable so you can start clean trip after trip.
- Jetkids Suitcase by Stokke is the kind of invention that we all wondered what life was like before it came along. Part suitcase, part scooter and part first class seat for one lucky kid, this compact carry on does it all and then some. Designed in Norway, the simple and high-quality suitcase will last through several kids on bi-coastal family trips or global adventures. Most importantly, it keeps kids occupied on the way to the plane, train, or automobile and then quiet thereafter.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones will have you softly slipping into a deep sleep while kids, machines and angry travelers carry on in the background. A must have for any long trip, you’ll wonder why it took you so long to bring the meditative sound of silence along for the ride. If you haven’t traveled with noise cancelling headphones before, we suggest giving it a shot. Nothing will leave you more at peace and ready to greet your destination or finally meet back home, than the absence of commotion.
- Travel Journals are an absolute must have because we often times do our best thinking when we’re in a new place. Embrace the unfamiliar and see what springs to life. Especially meaningful for family vacations so every member can return with a personal memento and a few moments that will live on forever. What did you do today? Who were you with? What did it smell like? What was the best part of the day? No better time to start practicing gratitude than vacation!
- Audible let’s you pack a library of books without the weight. Summer reading lists will fly by when you can listen in transit. Don’t want the subscription? You can also check out audiobooks for free from your local library. Either way, be sure to make your picks and if you need some inspiration check out the New York Times Bestsellers List or the top 10 books on Amazon so far in 2019.
Going somewhere fun? We’d love to tag along! Send us your Urban Market Bag photos this summer and we’ll feature you on our social channels. Check out our #UMBSummerSidekick series to see where Urban Market Bags are hanging this summer.