Slowly but surely, we're ditching the chemically-laden beauty products we've used for years and replacing them with their less harmful, and just as effective, counterparts. No, we're not perfect (ahem...aerosol...ahem), but we are taking a step in the right direction. As we look forward to a summer full of adventures, we know getting dolled-up will be taking a backseat. Simplicity is key and also helps keep our suitcases light. Tucked away in one of our Urban Market Bags, here are a few of our favorite summer beauty finds to complement your natural glow:
- Amika Dry Shampoo - We searched high and low for a dry shampoo without the pesky aluminum that you also find in antiperspirant. Luckily we found one that's all dressed up for summer, and smells even better than it looks.
- Heritage Rosewater Spray - One of those beloved Whole Foods finds, this cooling mist hydrates, soothes and softens. Plus, it reminds us of grandma, who always got it right when it came to looking good.
- French Girl, Clear Zit Zap - As if the name wasn't enough to sell you, then maybe the fact that it's handmade with natural essential oils and is also organic/vegan will do the trick.
- Butter London Nail Polish - Formulated without formaldehyde, we can't believe the old school stuff is still out there. Either way, our hands do a lot for us and deserve to be treated with respect.
- Josie Maran, Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Cream - Moisturizer with a hint of color, all bottled into one tube of multi-tasking perfection. We'll just put this one in our back pocket for now...