“If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.”
“Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peel-ing.”
“If you were on paper, you’d be what they call ‘fine print!’”
All jokes aside, Valentine’s Day reminds us to treasure our loved ones and squeeze them tight. That doesn’t mean we can’t embrace the silly pick-up lines and over-the-top puns that make this cheesy holiday so grand. Here you’ll find a list of silly romantic phrases with some slightly more serious suggestions to show your loved ones how much you care.
What’s cookin’ good lookin’?
Say “I love you” with delicious sips, tasty pizza and freshly baked cookies. Fill your Urban Market Bags with fresh citrus, champagne, pre-made pizza dough, red sauce, pepperoni and a hefty hunk of mozzarella. Turn up the tunes and prepare to eat your heart out.
- “What a cutie” - Wake your sweetie up with fresh squeezed orange juice and a splash of champagne. Arrange cuties (mandarins) on the drink tray with a note to your honey. For an extra special treat, make them a blood orange creamsicle cocktail with a hint of rose. (Of course, hold the alcohol for the virgin versions!).
- “You’ve stolen a pizza my heart” - Stay in for a change and make heart shaped pizza pies as a pair (or make it a group activity with your galentines!). Get major brownie points when you present pepperoni hearts as a topping to help you serve up a cheesy slice of love.
- “You’ve been running through my mind all day” - Running behind in time? Don’t sweat it, Doughbies delivers delicious, fresh baked cookies to your door in record time. You can get same day delivery in San Francisco and next day everywhere else. If you didn’t procrastinate, give this winning cookie recipe a try.
Love is an adventure
Celebrate good times in the past by digging up mementos and recalling your first moments spent together. What comes next? A romantic look toward future fun. Whatever that may be, mark it on the calendar so you can anxiously await your next date together (don’t forget to pack your Urban Market Bags!)
- “You are my greatest adventure” - Whether you plan to travel near or far this year, build some excitement by gifting a DIY leather luggage tag. Get the whole family involved and create a travel map with hang tags that list an exciting activity that can be enjoyed in the area. Vow to take one or two trips a year together and ceremoniously change the color of the pin upon returning.
- “Sing a love song” - Dig up old concert tickets and give them a new home on the mantel or on the mirror and hum a tune from the show when your significant other walks by. Take center stage with dance classes to get the body moving and grooving with your favorite music.
- “Love at first sight” - Frame a small square of the map with the location where you first met and a few details about the day—name of the place, geographic coordinates, a lyric from a song you heard, what you ordered, something cheesy the other person said or a description of how you felt at the time.
Spell it out
Use your words to tell them how you feel! Silly or serious, get creative with the message. Grab your Urban Market Bags and head out for supplies. The stores will be chock full of this year’s V-day messages so keep an eye out for clever wordsmithing.
- “Be mine” - Using conversation hearts as your inspiration, customize your own graphic tee for a one-of-a-kind message. Maybe your significant other is a “Total Hunk” or a “Major Dreamboat.” Spell out your favorite pick-up line with “I believe you stole something of mine” written on the front and reveal the answer “My heart” on the back. Show the whole family some love with custom jersey style tees using nicknames and lucky numbers.
- “The story of us” - From the moment you fell in love to the umpteenth anniversary, Promptly Journals help you capture your story in writing. Fill in all your firsts, jot down how you met each other and when you knew your relationship was meant to last. Taking a trip down memory lane will have you weak in the knees and full of butterflies.
- “You’re a gem of a friend” - Show your bestie how much they mean to you with a 14-carat ring pop and a printable hang tag. “I like you beary much” or “a big bear hug” is said best with a box of teddy grahams. Or, skip the sugar and print your own text-worthy postcards instead.