Pre-holiday shopping got you craving something different this year? Gift something from the heart, and better yet for the stomach! We have so many ideas, we’ll be gifting through the New Year. Edible gifts are especially great because you can make them in large quantities to have on hand for last-minute gatherings and those unexpected (but totally welcome) visits with friends and family. Pick your favorite recipe, pack your Urban Market Bags full of delicious gifts and you’ll be all set.
Breads & Other Savory Baked Goods
- Challah - The most celebratory bread around looks fancy and tastes like a dream. Too pretty to hide, this bread should be gifted in a clear cellophane bag and tied with a red bow.
- Sourdough - A starter is required but this is a sure way to impress friends and family. Gift with a batch of homemade soup or your favorite local jam.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Scones - From our fave brunch spot in Santa Monica, these scones pair perfectly with a bag of coffee or gourmet tea.
- Cranberry Orange Sticky Buns - Bake fresh and deliver mid-morning for a delightful sweet treat that doubles as breakfast during a bustling holiday week.
- Granola - The possibilities are endless with so many ways to personalize this healthy and satisfying staple. Nothing beats homemade granola.
- Goldfish Crackers - The most well-known snack around gets a new identity when it comes from your home kitchen.
- Molasses Cookies - Sugar and spice and everything nice, this cookie is akin to gingerbread but boasts a chewy center to please the masses.
- Oatmeal Cookies - Customize your own recipe with nuts, dried fruit or dark chocolate chips. Hearty enough for breakfast and delicious enough for dessert.
- Gourmet Marshmallows - Springy, fluffy marshmallows straight from your own kitchen are hard to beat. Get creative with the flavors and try making bourbon or vanilla bean black pepper!
- S’mores Kit - Give your gourmet marshmallows a true home with this next level kit, which also includes homemade graham crackers … wow!
Gourmet Toppings & Mix-Ins
- Popcorn Seasoning - With flavors like ranch, dorito and coconut curry your popcorn game will never be the same. Gift with some whole kernels for a fun and healthy treat.
- Black Sesame Dukkah - Use this recipe as a starting point to customize your favorite new all-purpose savory topping. Dukkah provides texture and depth of flavor to almost anything you can think of.
- Flavored Salts - Pick your favorite or gift all six. Your chef friends will be thanking you all year round for this thoughtful gift.
- Espresso Sugar Cubes - A super sweet way to show your coffee-obsessed friends and family how much you love them.
- Cocoa-Chile Sweet Spicy Snack Mix - Chex mix reinvented with a Mexican flare. This snack will steal the show this holiday season.
The Good Stuff
- Infused Vodka - Get creative with your own flavors or stick to a tried and true recipe like habanero vodka with only two ingredients. Gift with homemade bloody mary mix for major brownie points.
- Marinated Goat Cheese - This decadent treat is super simple to throw together and packs a flavorful punch.
- Marinated Olives - So easy. So delicious. So homemade. Package in a pretty jar and gift away.
- Caramelized Onion & Bacon Jam - The name says it all. This savory jam will disappear quickly! Spread on a baguette with goat cheese for an easy appetizer.
Stay Healthy & Happy
- Ginger Turmeric Honey Bomb - Our go-to gift and recommended cold buster during the chilly winter months. Stay healthy and happy with fresh ginger and turmeric to boost your immunity.
- Moroccan Lentil Soup - A few simple ingredients yield a flavorful and nourishing soup that is sure to come in handy when January hits.
- Herb-Infused Vinegar - Use as a dressing or atop soups and stews for added flavor. Kick-start your diet after indulging over the holidays with a healthy dose of vinegar and flavorful fresh herbs.
- Homemade Harissa - A staple in Tunisian cuisine, this smokey-spicy condiment will turn the flavor up without overdoing it on unhealthy fat, salt or sugar.